Equipping first time homebuyers with the resources and skills needed to purchase their first home
Beginning in 2016, PCF Development began offering classes and one-on-one counseling for first time homebuyers. This comprehensive HomeBuyer Education program provides over 100 families per year with financial literacy training, credit counseling and pre-purchase assistance. Graduates of this 8 hour course see their credit scores improve and know what to look for (and avoid) when purchasing their first home. Research has shown that graduates of homebuyer education programs are less likely to face foreclosure and are more prepared for the responsibilities of homeownership. The program is led by a HUD certified counselor that works with buyers to create a customized action plan for each buyer.
Why sign up for HomeBuyer Education?
- Improve your credit score
- Create a customized family budget
- Get access to downpayment assistance
- One-on-one attention from a certified homebuying counselor
- Better understand the home buying process
- Know you are getting a safe, affordable mortgage
- Get help finding your first home!
Contact program coordinator Dianny Pena today at 401-726-1173 ext 12
Thank you to our HomeBuyer Education sponsors: